JMJ to Co-Present “Behaviour-Based Safety to Build a Safety Culture” at KISS 2015
JMJ Founder & Partner Mike Goddu will speak as part of a panel on International Seminar on “Behavior-Based Safety Approaches for Establishing a Safety Culture” during the 33rd annual Korea International Safety and Health Show (KISS), held on the 7th of July, 2015.
Seminar: International Seminar on Behaviour-Based Safety Approaches for Establishing a Safety Culture
Topic: Safety Leadership – The Key to Success for Behaviour-Based Safety (BBS) and Safety Culture
Event Date: 7 July 2015, Tuesday
Event Time: 1:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m. (local South Korea time)
Location: Conference Room 308 at COEX Convention & Exhibition Center, Seoul, South Korea
The oil and gas industry in Korea is experiencing many challenges, price pressures, competition and major cuts, all of which are impacting safety programmes. The pressure on safety management is at an all-time high, and many organizations are experiencing a surge in fatalities.
What is needed to address these challenges in Korea? How can we get the most out of our safety programmes? How can we build safety cultures that propel new levels of success?
JMJ Co-Founder and Partner, Mike Goddu will examine these questions in a session entitled “Safety Leadership – The Key to Success for BBS and Safety Culture” at the 33rd Korea International Safety and Health Show (KISS).
During this talk, attendees will explore:
- What is needed to improve safety and build a safety culture in Korea
- How to avoid pitfalls of Behaviour-Based Safety (BBS)
- Ways to build on the strength of the successes and culture of existing safety programmes throughout the country
This year’s KISS theme is Behaviour Based Safety Approaches for Establishing Safety Culture. Other seminar participants include:
- Chairman: Dr. Jaewook CHOI (Korea University)
- Mr. Steve HORNE (Manager, Gorgon Project - Chevron Corporation): My Safety Journey in Korea and Where to Go from Here
- Dr. Shezeen OAH (Chung Ang University): Critical Success Factors for BBS
- Mr. Seok Joon YOON (Director, Korea Safety Culture Research): Experiences in Implementation of BBS Process for Safety Workplace
- Dr. Woonchul SHIN (Occupational Safety Research Department): A Study on BBS in Wood Product Industry
- Mr. Jongmin CHAE (Senior Manager, Samsung Electronics): A Safety Culture Imbedding Activities Based on BBS
Click here to learn more about about the 33rd Korea International Safety & Health Show (KISS 2015):
The 33rd Korea International Safety & Health Show (KISS 2015) is one of Asia’s largest annual Expo in occupational safety and health to promote a culture of occupational safety. There will be a variety of events, such as safety culture events and technical seminars, urging business proprietors to take action to ensure safety and health at work. Korea International Safety & Healthy Show is a 4 day event being held from 6th July to the 9th July 2015 at the Coex Convention Center in Seoul, Korea.
Tel: +82 51 744 6895